Bulgarian officials have identified two individuals — including a Canadian — who are suspected of involvement in a Hezbollah-linked bus bomb attack that killed five Israeli tourists last summer.
The men have been identified as Canadian Hassan El Hajj Hassan, 25, and Australian Meliad Farah, 32.
Earlier this year, Canada’s Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said the Canadian in question was a dual national who resides in Lebanon, but did not identify him by name.
Then-immigration minister Jason Kenney said the man immigrated to Canada from Lebanon at a young age, obtained Canadian citizenship a few years later, and then returned to Lebanon when he was 12.
He has returned to Canada a few times but was not a “habitual” resident, Kenney said at the time.
On July 18 of last year, a bus exploded as it took a group of Israeli tourists from the airport to the Black Sea…
View original post 369 more words